How to take care of your skin during Menopause?
Are you ready to experience some symptoms as you go through menopause? Such as hot flashes, night sweats, difficulty sleeping, weight gain and irritability - but don't forget that your skin will also undergo changes.
What effect can menopause have on your skin ?
Menopause can affect the skin in many ways due to the hormonal changes that occur at this stage in a woman's life.
Some of the main ways that decreased estrogen levels affect the skin include:
- Dryness: Decreased estrogen levels can result in drier skin, as estrogen is responsible for keeping the skin hydrated and looking young. This can lead to a feeling of tightness, itching and peeling.
- Loss of elasticity: The reduction in estrogen can also lead to a decrease in the production of collagen and elastin, which are responsible for the skin's elasticity and firmness. Consequently, the skin may appear looser and lose its ability to regain shape quickly.
- Wrinkles and fine lines: With the decrease in collagen and elastin levels, in addition to the loss of hydration, more visible wrinkles and fine lines may appear. Skin may appear more wrinkled and less toned.
- Dark spots: Some women may develop dark spots on their skin, known as melasma or hyperpigmentation, during menopause. This occurs due to hormonal changes that can stimulate irregular melanin production.
- Increased sensitivity: Some women may experience increased skin sensitivity during menopause. The skin may be more prone to adverse reactions to cosmetic or environmental products, such as chemicals, intense sunlight, or changes in temperature.
What can you do to make your skin feel better during this stage of life?
Taking care of your skin during menopause mainly involves hydration and the use of powerful ingredients to stimulate collagen production.
Evolve Organic Beauty has created an organic skincare routine to help your skin through the changes of Menopause.
Step 1: Cleanse with a Natural Cleansing Balm
As your skin becomes drier and more sensitive, opting for a gentle, moisturizing cleansing balm will make all the difference, with a gentle formulation so as not to irritate the skin.
Use a gentle facial cleanser, such as Evolve Gentle Cleansing Melt, which gently melts makeup, dirt and impurities from the skin.
Step 2: Rebalance your skin with an Organic Toner
Toners are a great way to reintroduce moisture into the skin, whilst reducing any immediate redness. Try Evolve Daily Defense Moisture Mist , formulated to protect and reinforce skin's natural moisture barrier.
Step 3: Target specific skin care using a Moisturizing Serum
Serums are generally lighter in consistency than oils, allowing them to penetrate deeper into the skin's layers. This is perfect for treating blemishes as they work on acne below the surface.
To avoid hormonal acne, try our Evolve Peptide 360 Serum, specially formulated for pimple-prone skin. Featuring Will Bark, a natural form of Salicylic Acid, this natural serum will help gently exfoliate and unclog stressed skin.
Step 4: Mix your favorite Facial Oil with your Nourishing Moisturizer
Did you know that combining your natural face oil with a creamy moisturizer will help maximize the benefits of your skin care products?
Try Evolve Beauty's ideal combination to treat dehydrated skin by mixing a few drops of Evolve Bio-Retinol + C Booster with Evolve Multi Peptide 360 Moisture Cream that helps reduce the appearance of aging skin and provides intense hydration.
It is important to remember that the effects of menopause on the skin vary from woman to woman.
Now that you are aware of the importance of adopting a skin care routine in this new stage of your life, be ready... "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER".
Prioritize your well-being and take care of your skin during this transition period!